Monday, December 8, 2008

When the cat's away - Part 1

My mother is currently away in Muar, Malaysia for a week-long visit to the relatives.

Da and I met my youngest brother (LG) and his girlfriend (SR) for lunch at Katong Shopping Centre ("KSC").

I remember that when I was growing up, KSC was a popular shopping mall for families living in the Eastern part of Singapore. Not only were there shops selling a variety of products, there were also food stalls selling delicious food.

Nowadays, the younger generation are not keen to patronise KSC because there are more "hip and modern" shopping malls in other parts of Singapore to "hang out". However, my family still goes to KSC frequently, either for a meal or to purchase items. Our family optician has now opened an optical shop at KSC. We also buy our toiletries from Rey-Im Cosmetics House located at Level 1 of KSC.

For lunch, LG ordered chicken rice.

This food stall serves the rice in a separate plate from the chicken.

Each order of chicken rice comes with a complimentary bowl of soup.

It also comes with a complimentary plate of pickled vegetables.

LG placed a side order of bean sprouts.

SR decided to order a mini-pot with noodles. Other than the mini-pot sold at Siglap Beer Garden coffeeshop located at East Coast area (whose dry noodles are the nicest I have eaten), the mini-pot sold at KSC is also very tasty.

The noodles are served dry and hence, in a separate bowl. You can request that the noodles be seasoned with chilli sauce, tomato sauce or black sauce.

Da ordered the grilled fish. The fish is very fresh.

I ordered the lemon chicken cutlet. Although I could not taste the lemon in the chicken cutlet, the chicken cutlet was delicious, as always.

Singaporeans love to order side dishes to be shared amongst everyone at the table. I ordered a plate of rojak as a side dish. The rojak seller is very generous with the ground peanuts.

Da and I also brought along the light fruit cake that I made. It goes well with a cup of coffee.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin