Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's between you and God

Recently, my friend (DDT) and I had some exchanges of views regarding Christianity.

At the end of the day, said DDT, it's all between us and God. I agree with DDT.

DDT mentioned that the phrase "it is between you and God" was actually a quote from something that Mother Teresa said.

Curious, I searched for the entire quote. Recently, I found the quote and set out the quote below. Let us meditate upon it and realise that no matter what lemons are thrown against us, God can turn the lemons into lemonade.

Thank you, Abba Father, for loving us.


THE LAST WORD

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centred.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Be successful anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy it overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some people may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

~ Mother Teresa

2 comments:

Zhong Yuan said...

I can't love the sentences more, could I post it on my xiaonei.I want to share with more friends!
Perhaps these words could show me the right way when I'm confused some day~Thank you:-)

Anonymous said...

eh? is that moi? DDT? Sounded like the pesticide Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane, wahahahaha!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin