Monday, December 15, 2008

Welcome home, mom!

My mother, who has been away in Malaysia for the past week visiting relatives, has come home.

Yesterday, my mother and several relatives went to Kuala Lumpur to attend the wake of the father of AJ (the wife of UJ). This morning, AN and my mother drove down from Kuala Lumpur and dropped off some relatives in Muar before proceeding to Perling (where AN lives).

Da and I had arranged to drive to Perling after work today to fetch my mother. As such, lunch was a light affair - fruits!

As Da had to work till 8 pm today, I left the office first and made my way home to pick up the car. As I was walking towards the development where we live, I saw a tiny furry face peeking at me between the branches of a tree. It was a kitten!

There is a stray female cat who seems to have made her home in our development. Recently, she gave birth to 4 kittens. The kittens are very adorable and enjoy playing with each other.

When I reached home, I picked up the car keys from the table and drove to meet Da. Fortunately, we still had in our car the map that my brother (LG) had previously drawn for us showing the route from the Malaysian customs to Queen Park coffee shop in Perling (that is, our agreed meeting point with AN and my mother).

Goodness me! There was a terribly long jam at the Singapore side of the customs. When we finally had our passports scanned and drove off, we were stopped again. Drivers and passengers were required to alight and have their fingerprint scanned. When I approached the counter, the police officer smiled at me and said, "Ladies no need". I did not know this as it had been some time since we last drove into Malaysia. Also, the drivers and passengers in the several cars ahead of us all happened to be men.

Finally, we cleared the Malaysian customs and we were on our way to meet AN and my mother. It is quite easy to drive along the North-South highway. After clearing the Malaysian customs, all we had to do was to drive straight and make 1 left turn at the signboard that said "Pasir Gudang". Thereafter, we continued driving straight until we reached Perling.

As Queen Park coffee shop is located on the opposite side of the road, we made a U-turn and reached our destination in no time.

AN and my mother met us at Queen Park coffee shop and we sat down to dinner.

Da ordered curry noodles.

AN and my mother ordered a plate of fried kway teow each.

I ordered a bowl of dry wanton noodles. Instead of adding tomato sauce (since I do not eat chilli sauce), the stallholder mixed the noodles with black sauce. Delicious!

We also ordered a plate of assorted ngoh hiang to share.

By the time we finished eating our late dinner and made our way back to Singapore, it was past midnight. After sending my mother home, I crawled into bed at an unearthly hour. Yawn! I am going to have difficulty waking up for work tomorrow!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have taken the day off. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin