Friday, December 5, 2008

practice makes perfect

What can I say?

The culinary skills of my brother (the Papa of the world's most handsome Jack Russell Terrier that you see in the photograph above) get better and better with practice.

Recently, my family has been trying to eat more healthily. As such, when I suggested to my brother to cook less rice, he said that he has already halved the amount of rice that he used to cook. I suggested that he quarter the amount instead.

Heehee... less rice means... we are able to eat more ingredients!

By now, my brother has some signature dishes, all of which are delicious and appetising.

Stir-fried mixed vegetables

Usual ingredients - cabbage, carrots, corn and button mushrooms

Curry chicken

Usual ingredients - chicken fillet, carrots and potatoes

When available, my brother will also add curry leaves and lemon juice

Omelette

Usual ingredients - egg and chai por (preserved radish)

baked chicken wings

Usual ingredients - chicken wings (what else?) marinated in my mother's secret marinade

Of course, no meal would be complete without dessert. It's always good to end on a sweet note, isn't it? Hans sells yummy peach tarts and rum balls.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like cooking genes really run very very well in the family...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin