We had some leftover onion focaccia in the refrigerator. As I had baked a fresh batch of focaccia, I decided to use the leftover onion refrigerator and make a tuna and egg casserole.
olive oil (for frying)
2 potatoes (diced)
1 large onion (diced)
2 sticks of celery (sliced)
1 carrot (diced)
4 pieces of mock crabstick (sliced)
1 rectangular fish cake (sliced)
1 can black pepper tuna
4 sliced leftover bread (I used onion focaccia)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
grated mozarella cheese (topping)
bacon bits (topping)
dried parsley flakes (topping)
1. Fry the potatoes until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Stir-fry the onion, celery and carrots until they have softened.
3. Add the mock crab stick, fish cake, tuna and bread. Fry until the ingredients have cooked.
4. Add the water and continue frying for about 5 minutes.
5. Arrange the ingredients on a casserole dish.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients.
9. Bake in an oven preheated to 175 degrees celsius for 15 minutes.