Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Be at peace, NO

This morning, I was informed by a colleague that an ex-colleague (NO) has passed away at the age of 60+ years old.

The cause of death? Lung cancer.

I remember that when I first started work, NO had already been working in our company for many years. Although she was already in her 50s, she enjoyed working and she was very diligent in her work. At that time, the economy was on the upswing and as such, each night NO would work till past 9 pm.

As a young employee, I was a green horn. I am thankful to NO for being patient with me, guiding me and answering my endless queries.

When NO was retrenched several years ago, she told me that she was thinking of going back to her hometown in Malaysia (where she hailed from) and open a shop selling shoes. Today, I learned that she did not fulfil her dream of doing this.

Be at peace, NO, and thank you for the memories.

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in His Almighty Wings always.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin