Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two chefs do not spoil the broth

The popular saying is that "too many cooks spoil the broth". However, in the case of my family, "two chefs do not spoil the broth".

The Grand Lady Chef (that is, my mother) and the Young Lady Chef (that is, ZT) were the chefs for tonight's dinner. When I commented that they were so efficient and had the dinner on the table in a very short time, the Grand Lady Chef answered matter-of-factly, "We know what our respective duties are.". *grin*

When Da and I arrived at my mother's home, Boy-Boy was looking intently in the direction of the kitchen.

Ah.. my mother's signature fried rice dish was waiting to be served.

ZT had baked the finger food to perfection.

ZT had also microwaved the Muar otah. Despite the fact that the otah was microwaved, it remained soft and delicious.

Bored with the going-ons in the kitchen, Boy-Boy decided to help himself to the newspapers to catch up on current affairs.

Having finished reading the newspapers, Boy-Boy gave a sigh and looked in the direction of the gate.

Deciding that he needed a closer look, he ran towards the main sliding door and peered into the darkness. I was wondering what he was looking at. In less than 3 minutes, I had my answer. LG had arrived home. Boy-Boy's sharp hearing must have heard the sound of LG's car engine from a distance.

Time to ladle out the fried rice!

A wonderful feast, as always.

Sprinkle some baked peanuts on top and you are ready for a gastronomical experience.

How's this for a family meal? As they say, a family that eats together, stays together.

Shaloam,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea agree with you.

Moutzu

Blog Widget by LinkWithin