Monday, July 7, 2008

Hypocrites

What do you do when you know of a person who is crafty and clearly a hypocrite ("The Person"). The Person behaves in a certain manner in front of you and in a different manner in front of others.

What do you do when you and some others can see through The Person's character and the more you learn about The Person (either from personal experience or through feedback from others), the more convinced you are that The Person is not who he/she appears to be?

What do you do when The Person has clearly hoodwinked someone ("The Victim") into believing that he/she is a "gentle person" who is "polite and friendly"? It sickens you to receive an email from The Victim giving such feedback about The Person because you know that The Victim has been taken for a ride. You have already alerted The Victim about the craftiness and hypocrisy of The Person (and the numerous occasions where The Person has shown his/her true colours) but The Victim is either in denial or refuses to see through The Person.

Do you stand back and let The Person continue with his/her ways? What if it has reached the stage where The Person is doing things behind your back (eg. bully your staff into doing things that The Person's own staff should be doing)? What if your complaint to The Victim about what transpired has fallen on deaf ears?

I have no ready answer. Do we say "what goes round comes round"? It all comes back to the dilemma in one of my earlier posts where I asked how it can be right that a wrongdoer can keep on doing wrong and get away with it.

It irks me when I can see injustice being carried out right before my very eyes and yet I am powerless to do anything about it.

Abba Father, I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous because of the blood and finished work of your Son, Jesus at the cross. Keep The Person's trickery and craftiness far away from me so that I may enjoy the fullness of Your blessing and grace everyday of my life. I cast my burdens upon You.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin