Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blessings

Gosh.... My posts are being typed earlier and earlier in the day!

It is way past midnight and I am wide awake, chatting with 3 dear friends on the msn. Well, 1 of them seems to have disappeared from cyberspace (although his status on msn is still "online"). As the running joke goes, he is probably playing with his hamsters right now. I am also listening to my playlist on my blog at the same time.

It is at this moment that I felt the desire to type the initial portion of my post for 3 July 2008. As they say, "the early bird catches the worm".

I have been blessed in my life, in more ways than one. I not only have wonderful friends, I have many colleagues whom I enjoy working with. I have health and plenty of laughter to go round.

Speaking of colleagues, I count myself very blessed to have a wonderful team with whom I work on projects and other non-project work. It is not often that you have team-mates whom you can laugh and joke with. At times when the work gets me down, invariably one or more of my team-member appears at my side to comfort me and give me strength. I do not know why our paths have crossed but I am very humbled by the experience.

I just wanted to let my friends know that I treasure what we have and I thank the Lord for letting our paths cross. Nothing happens by chance when it comes to the Lord. If our paths crossed and ended up with our being friends, it is because our Father has engineered it. Thank you, Abba Father.

(CAVEAT: If you are reading the post up to this stage, please be informed that I have suddenly turned nostalgic and I wanted to pen the above down before I go to sleep and wake up being a grumpy bear again.... Have a good night and sweet dreams!)

Hello! I am back! It is about 6.20 pm in the evening and I have a splitting headache! I have been having the headache since the afternoon. Fortunately, the afternoon passed very quickly at work and as always, there was plenty of joking and ribbing going round at work. I am very blessed to be able to work with a wonderful team.

GB and I have been discussing CANON IN D. It is my favourite classical piece. I have been searching for the "perfect" version. I would like a version with strings as well as piano. GB and I were browsing IMEEM and YouTube last night but could not find a version that we liked. That is okay. The search continues......

I have been given the devastating news (devastating to me, that is) that one of my team members will be reassigned to work for another colleague. This is a tremendous loss to me. I intend to "pull rank" and ensure that she continues to do project work with us, despite her reassignment. We work well as a team and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

LSD and I had a lovely lunch at Hans today. As usual, I bullied the dear girl into meeting me near my workplace for lunch. I have noticed that she always orders the same type of sandwich (ie. fried egg and bacon in toasted wholemeal bread). Girl, do you not get tired of ordering the same thing every time?

I have a dinner date for tomorrow and I am looking forward to it! LSD, Ah Boy, Ah Wen and I will be meeting up for dinner tomorrow at Bugis area. The lovebirds want to shop at Bugis Junction and Bugis Village but they have not been able to confirm what they are looking to buy. Kids, the buzz word nowadays is "target shopping". LSD has promised to take us to the photo shop (near the National Library) that displays the wedding photo of MOW. This should be interesting.

Speaking of Bugis area, I am thinking of perhaps buying some more mini eyeshadow from BHG. The pink eyeshadow that I bought the other day from BHG is absolutely divine!

By the way, have you noticed that I have inserted new photos at the right hand side of my blog? Kudos to LSD, who collated 4 photos of the most handsome dog in the world and consolidated the photos into a collage. Thank you, girl!

1 comment:

wesirelander said...

Now you know you have been bullying me huh? No..i don't get bored. When I like something, I'll go for it and will probably get tired of it say in 3 months (say if I eat that same food everyday). That explains why I am still where I am. haha

U might wanna check out the eyeshadows at The Face Shop. Didnt see you use the pink eyeshadow you bought from BHG though.
p/s: think I really need to do up a codebook for the benefit of your Ah Boy, Ah Wen and myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin