Saturday, October 10, 2009

Let's meet on a saturday

In a way, I had three "meetings" today. Talk about killing 3 birds with 1 stone!

I had a work meeting early this afternoon. As it was unlikely that I would have time for lunch, Da very thoughtfully went to our favourite coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong this morning and bought a packet of nasi lemak rice with selected ingredients for me. It has been a long time since I last ate this and I relished every bite.

Before I left for the meeting, I baked a Nutella marble cake. This is my first attempt at baking a cake using Nutella. I decided to bake a tea cake instead of a butter cake otherwise, our friend (WC) who was coming to our home later in the day would say that he had used up his year's quota of butter again. *grin*

Here is a slice of the Nutella marble cake for you! The marbling effect was not that great but that was due to my lack of skill (no point blaming the "tools" when it is the "workman" who does not have the skill, huh?).

As we were having guests coming over in the late afternoon / evening, I also made preparations for a broccoli and ham bread casserole and I kept the uncooked casserole in the refrigerator.

When I came home from the meeting, Da's parents were at our home. MIL had already sampled a slice of the Nutella marble cake and given the thumbs up.

As we had arranged for our friends (WC and SC) to come to our home in the evening, Da contacted them to check their estimated time of arrival. In the meantime, I baked the casserole in the convection oven.

As FIL and MIL decided to join us for dinner, Da also ordered some home-delivery pizza from Canadian 2-for-1 pizza. Due to my "itchy fingers", I boiled some cocktail sausages as well.

The end result? sigh... too much food... again!

Here is a slice of the bread casserole. This is my first attempt at baking a bread casserole and I am thankful that it turned out fine.

Would you like a slice of the bread casserole?

For dessert, SC had bought some bread buns from a confectionery at Wheelock Place today. We decided to share the bread buns.

SC also bought a loaf of bread that is most interesting. There are four distinct flavours within each slice of the bread. Hmm... I wonder how the confectionery did it?

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin