Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dinner with FIL, MIL and mom

Every now and then, Da's parents and my mother will have a meal together with us.

Today, FIL, MIL and my mother were at our home for dinner. FIL and MIL had bought some hakka yong taufu from a shop at East Coast Road.

This reminds me of the famous Ampang yong tauhu in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Ah... it has been years since I last ate it.

The shop only sells the thick rice vermicelli. I personally prefer the thin version of rice vermicelli.

Here you go... a feast fit for a king!

After dinner, MIL cut a dragonfruit which was given to her by an acquaintance. The acquaintance bought the dragonfruit from a plantation in Malaysia. This is the type of dragonfruit with purple flesh. I usually prefer dragonfruit with white flesh because those with purple flesh that I have tasted so far are not as sweet. However, the dragonfruit that I ate tonight was very sweet.

We also ate some pineapple tarts that I bought recently from a shop located at the Tanjong Pagar MRT station.

FIL also gave us a large juicy pear which MIL sliced.

Here is a close-up view of the cut dragonfruit. The secret to buying sweet dragonfruit is to select those that are large and round.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin