Monday, October 12, 2009

All-in-one

Some of my colleagues and I have not been well lately as we caught a flu from another colleague.

As such, I was not up to preparing nor eating a complete meal for dinner today. To keep things simple, I rummaged through our refrigerator and I made use of some leftovers and created a crock pot meal. It is an all-in-one!

For the base, I used a can of cream of chicken and I added 1 1/2 cans of water. I then added a cup of uncooked brown rice and set the crock pot to "HIGH".

While the rice was cooking in the crock pot, I sliced some leftover ingredients and added them to the crock pot. I also added some uncooked broccoli.

When the meal was ready to be eaten, it was delicious! All the flavours blended well together and complemented the bland taste of brown rice.

This is a very easy way to make use of your leftovers so that there is no wastage.

Yummy, yummy.... I am tempted to do this again!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin