Tuesday, October 20, 2009

chicken rice

One of the favourite food of Singaporeans is that of chicken rice.

If you have not tried the chicken rice sold at the food court located at the basement level of Katong Shopping Centre ("KSC"), I would encourage you to give it a try. Many people shy away from this shopping mall because it is old and to some people, they cannot imagine what there can be to shop or eat at KSC. However, KSC is a little treasure in the East and you will be surprised at what you can find there.

My family frequents the following outlets:-

(a) the food court located at the basement level;

(b) the jeans shop (whose owner also does clothes alteration) located at the basement level;

(c) the optical shop located at the 1st storey;

(d) Rey-Im cosmetics house located at the 1st storey;

(e) Ian-Ann hair salon located at the 1st storey;

(f) the shoe shop located at the 2nd storey.

When my daddy was alive, he would have his coats and working pants tailored at a tailor located at the basement level.

The rice sold at the chicken rice stall in the food court at the basement level of KSC is succulent and delicious. The roast chicken is yummy, yummy, yummy.

I happened to be at Katong Shopping Centre this evening, running some errands. As such, I decided to order several packets of chicken rice (each with one piece of braised toufu added) for my mother, my brother (LG), LG's girlfriend (ZT), Da and myself.

Each order of chicken rice also comes with a complimentary portion of pickled vegetables (achar). I am not very fond of achar but I cannot resist this achar - the vegetables are crunchy and refreshing.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin