Monday, October 5, 2009

His body and blood heals me and sets me free

God has provision for His people. It is all in the death of His precious Son. I receive all that God has for me in my life. I receive all that my Saviour suffered and died to give me.

The Holy Communion comprises:-

(a) the bread - this represents the body of Jesus, which was broken so that our body can be well and whole; and

(b) the cup - this represents the precious blood of Jesus, which was shed for the forgiveness of our sins.

1 Corinthians 11:29-30 says "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep." It does not say that we cannot take the Holy Communion when we are unworthy and we have unconfessed sins in our lives. We are all unworthy people and we will always have sin in our lives because we live in a fallen world. There are three types of sins - sins of commission, sins of omission and sins of transgression (that is, generational curses). How can it ever be possible for us to confess every single one of our sins? Jesus has qualified us to partake of everything that He has given us. Jesus died for unworthy people. If we discern the Lord's body when we take the Holy Communion, we are partaking worthily and for this reason, we will be strong, healthy and live long.

God does not want us to focus on what we eat and what we wear. Let our heart be established with Grace and not food. Healing is supernatural. I trust the finished work of Christ to make me healthy. Other than salvation, the greatest blessing in my life is health. God has given me a provision through the Holy Communion to receive all that Jesus died to give me. Every time that I take the Holy Communion, I am getting better.

In the early church, the people met every day either at the temple or from home to home. They broke bread every day and there were signs and wonders (miracles) (Acts 2:42-47). Even when Jesus walked on the earth, He healed the sick. At the Cross, He took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.

On the night that He was betrayed, Jesus took the bread, broke it and gave it to His disciples. He told them, "Take. Eat.". When they ate the bread, Jesus said, "This is My body." (Matthew 26:26). Jesus' body was broken for us so that our body can be healed. When Jesus walked on earth, He was never sick. He was vibrant and full of life and health. Many people , when they touched Jesus, were made whole. There was a woman who suffered twelve years of bondage and kept bleeding. When she touched the hem of Jesus' clothes, she was healed instantaneously. As many as touched Jesus were made whole for power went out of Him and healed all. Amen! I want to ingest Jesus' health in my body. When the bread is handed to us, it is still bread. When we put the bread in our mouth, it is still bread. However, the moment we swallow the bread, a transformation happens - it becomes the body of Jesus and we receive His health. When we receive the bread, we pray over it. We see Jesus carrying our sicknesses at the Cross. Lord, I thank You that I partake of Your healthy body and by Your stripes, I am healed. When I swallow the bread and ingest it, the bread becomes Your body and health is released into my body.

Jesus also took the cup, gave thanks and gave the cup to His disciples. He told them, "Drink all of it.". When they drank from the cup, Jesus said, "This is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:27-28). When we receive the cup, we pray over it. We see Jesus carrying our sins at the Cross. Lord, I thank You that I partake of your blood and You have carried all my sins. When I drink from the cup, the wine becomes Your blood and all my sins have been forgiven.

Miracles happen when we take the Holy Communion and discern the Lord's body and the Lord's blood when we partake. Sometimes, healing happens so gradually that we do not realise it. However, it is just as supernatural. Every time we partake of the Holy Communion, we are reversing the curse in our lives. Every time we partake of the Lord's Supper, we show the Lord's death until He comes. Jesus said to take the Holy Communion as often as we can.

On the night of the passover, God told the children of Israel (who were held in captivity in Egypt) to sprinkle the blood of the lamb on their doorposts. They were also told to eat roasted lamb in their homes (the same lamb whose blood was applied on the doorposts). God said that when He saw the blood, He would pass over the house. Jesus is the true Lamb of God! For all of us who believe in Christ, judgement has passed over our heads because of the blood of Christ. Also, the lamb was roasted and not eaten raw. Do not eat Jesus raw. See Jesus judged at the Cross. The fire of God's judgement (which was meant to fall on our heads) fell on Jesus' head. Jesus came under the judgement of God so that we will never be judged. The children of Israel ate the entire roasted lamb and the next day, God brought them out of Egypt with silver and gold and not one of them was feeble (Psalms 105:37). Not one sick and not one weak! The blood on the door saved them from eternal damnation and the roasted lamb gave them health for their journey to the Promised Land. The blood of Jesus rescues us from eternal destruction and the body of Jesus gives us life and health for our way to eternal salvation.

God loves us very much. He loves us more than we can ever love ourselves. He wants to bring health and healing in our lives. He has our best interest at heart. He gave up His Son for us. He gave us the best (Jesus) and He will also freely give us the rest through Jesus. Jesus loved us to much that He took our place at the Cross. God took all our sins and diseases and placed them on His Son. God condemned and judged His Son so that there will be no more judgement for us who believe. Jesus took it at the Cross. He finished it at the Cross. I put my trust in what Christ did. Jesus carried all my judgement (one of which is the judgement of sickness). I am saved, healed and I have salvation. There is more than enough love from the Lord for my needs. Jesus came to save me. He has opened my prison doors and freed me from bondage. His favour and light shines on me forever. Amen!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin