Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Point and shoot

One of my colleagues has been merrily posting in facebook photographs taken by him using his SLR camera. I left a message in his facebook to the effect that I look at my small digital camera and sigh. He replied that even with P&S camers (that is, "Point and Shoot" cameras), I can still have fun and take a lot of nice photographs.

He is right. For those of you who have been reading my blog for some time, you will notice that photographs are aplenty in my blog. In fact, I am using a digital camera that Da and I bought shortly before WC and SC went to the United States of America for a vacation in 2008. Guess what? I've used the camera so often that there is now some problem with the shutter! There seem to be a time lag. My dear friends WC and SC have teased me about pressing the shutter button once too often.

In the meantime and to reinforce my colleague's point, here are some photographs that I took using my Panasonic Lumix camera yesterday.... enjoy!

In the morning, Da and I woke up to the smell of freshly baked bread. At about 2.30 am the "night" before, I placed some ingredients in the bucket of my breadmaker machine and set to "bread" cycle. This morning, voila! Freshly baked garlic and potato bread.

We made sandwiches using slices of the garlic and potato bread. The picnic ham was part of a bulk order that I had placed through a colleague recently. The cheese is vegetarian cheese that Hamtaro gave me (thanks, Hamtaro!). The fried anchovies were bought from our favourite coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong on 5 July 2009.

Lunch was a quiet affair for me yesterday - I worked through lunch so... sorry guys, no photographs!

Da and I went to the Kallang Airport hawker centre for dinner. He ordered a bowl of porridge while I ate yong tau hu.

We also shared a honey sea coconut dessert. Hi UJ, I think that the canned honey sea coconut that you often buy during Chinese New Year tastes much nicer.

So, if you are a budding photographer like me, do not be afraid to "point and shoot". It can get very addictive (as my family and friends will tell you - I "point and shoot" so often that I now carry my digital camera in my handbag all the time, so much so that whenever my colleagues need the urgent use of a digital camera, they know that they can approach me to borrow my digital camera). *grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog entry is a very good hint hint to hubby.

Just checked out today from MS Color - Canon 500D with kit lens S$1250. The 500D is can also take video too. The overall camera is quite small and handy but not as small as a typical P and S.

ANyway, the term used in your blog - "time lag" is more correctly known as "shutter lag" in the photography world. Its a common occurence in the world of P and S camera, its the delay between triggering the shutter and when the photograph is actually recorded.

WC

Blog Widget by LinkWithin