Friday, July 17, 2009

The king of fruits

On 14 July 2009, Da and I bought several boxes of durians. Other than enjoying them "neat", I have been having fun with the leftover durians.

What have I made so far?

Well, for starters, I made durian ice cream (without the use of an ice cream maker). As the durian flesh is very creamy to begin with, the ice cream turned out very creamy as well.

In the wee hours of this morning, I also baked a loaf of durian bread.

We have another one or two boxes of durian left in our refrigerator. I actually have in mind to bake a durian butter cake over the weekend. However, Da has requested for durian muffins. Hmm... perhaps I shall portion out the durian and bake both!

Have a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

ah.....this, I would love to try, ya

Blog Widget by LinkWithin