Thursday, July 30, 2009

No mistake

This morning, I overheard a man telling a woman that everyone makes mistakes. I did not pay much attention to their conversation until the man went on to tell the woman that even God makes mistakes.

I sat upright when I heard this and I shamelessly eavesdropped on the rest of the conversation. I wanted to listen to the man's elaboration of his statement.

He went on to explain that God made a mistake when He sent His Son to this world because His Son "ended up being crucified".

With respect, I disagree with this person's view. God is almighty and He knows everything from the beginning to the end. God does not make mistakes.

The fact of the matter is that God is a just God and He cannot allow sin to go unpunished. As such, because He loved the world so much, He sent His Son to be a propitiation for our sins and to die for us at the Cross.

Did Jesus know that He came to be "sent to the gallows"? Yes, He did. Jesus said that He came to do His Father's will. God's will was (and still is) to bless us with righteousness and the gift of grace.

Jesus willingly laid down His life for us. By the stripes on His body, He took away all our sicknesses and diseases. By the shedding of His precious blood, all our sins have been washed clean.

It saddens me when I hear of people who have such a view of God. If believers see God in this light, then how can we bring non-believers to Christ and to know the love of God? It is such a blessing to be a child of God and to know that when we abide in the shadow of His wings, He will always carry us on His shoulders and no evil that is formed against us shall prosper.

Jesus, I bow my knees at the Cross where your blood was shed for me. There is no greater love than this. You have overcome the grave and Your glory fills the highest place. Nothing can separate me from God now. Thank You for your sacrifice. You are God's perfect offering. Amen.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin