Monday, March 30, 2009

You've got a friend

On 21 March 2009, as I was spending time with the Lord while Da was at work, I read Hebrews 13:5 which says that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

I felt led to search the internet for commentaries on Hebrews 13:5. I chanced upon a commentary by a guy named Michael who wrote about this verse in MyChurch.org. As I read his commentary, I was amazed at how inspired the song "You've got a friend" (by Carole King) is and the revelation that Michael had about Hebrews 13:5.

Jesus came to be our friend. Whoever belongs to God also belongs to Jesus and He will never leave us nor forsake us. We know that in good times and bad times, He is always there for us.

When Da and I went to church the next day (22 March 2009), the first song that was sung at Praise & Worship segment was... "You've got a friend". I knew that the Lord had just given me a wink to confirm what His Word said in Hebrews 13:5. Thank You, Lord that You love me and You always give me little winks to keep my faith going strong.

The following is an excerpt from Michael's commentary:-


YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND

When you're down and troubled
And you need some loving care
And nothing, nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up, even your darkest nights.


I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. - John 12:46

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4



You just call out my name,
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, oh yes I will
To see you again.


For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:13

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. - Psalms 46:1


Winter, spring , summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will.
You've got a friend.


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. - Ecclesiastes 3:1

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. - John 15:15


If the sky high above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
And soon I will be knocking upon your door.

He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. - Psalms 107:29

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. - Luke 11:9



You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Acts 2:21

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. - Hebrews 13:5



Winter, Spring, summer or fall
All you got to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will
.

He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. - Psalms 104:19


Hey now, now ain't it good to know that you've got a friend?

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. - James 2:23


When people can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you.
Well they'll take your soul if you let them.
Oh now, but don't you let them.


Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. - Matthew 5:11

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. - Romans 12:20


You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running, running, running, to see you again.

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. - Luke 15:20

For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established. - Romans 1:11


Oh babe, don't you know that,
Winter Spring summer or fall,
All you've got to do is call.
Lord, I'll be there, yes I will.

And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness. - Zechariah 8:8


You've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got a friend.

I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved. - Song of Songs 5:1

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really a comfort to know that Jesus is always with us. When life is so suffocating.. Luckily our Lord is there.

So let our love and flame never die.

Shirley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin