Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let us rest on the Sabbath

I sing praises to Your name, O Lord! You are great and worthy to be praised. Jesus has paid the ultimate price for our blessings. We do not need to labour on a Sabbath. We have time to spend sundays with our families and loved ones.

Just as I was about to call my mother to suggest meeting up for lunch, my mobile phone rang. It was my mother, informing me that my brother (LG) has suggested that the whole family meet for dim sum buffet lunch at Dragon Gate Restaurant at HarbourFront Centre.

Da and I were caught in heavy traffic en route to HarbourFront Centre. This shopping mall is located next to Vivo City, which is an equally large shopping mall. Opposite these two shopping malls is none other than our local tourist attraction, Sentosa.

When Da and I arrived at Dragon Gate restaurant shortly before 1 pm, my mother, LG and ZT (LG's girlfriend) were already seated. My other brother (LB) and his wife (MF) were on the way.

Some of the dishes had already started to arrive. According to LG, as Da and I had to leave by 2 pm or thereabouts to go to church, he had ordered my family's favourite dishes all at one go so that the food can arrive in time. The waiter had a shock when he saw the order list. He must have thought that our table comprised very hungry patrons who wanted all their food to arrive at one go!

Gosh! We all felt like we were eating fast food! The dishes arrived at such breakneck speed that the minute the dishes were placed on the table, we had to quickly portion out the food otherwise there would not be enough space for the next batch of dishes. By the time we reached dessert, we could barely sit up straight. We were so full!

However, full or not, everyone sampled the walnut cookies that I had baked and brought to the lunch. *grin*

Da and I literally "ate and ran". Before the bill could arrive, the two of us left first as we were running late for church.

By the time we entered the car park of the building where the church was located, the Praise & Worship segment of the church service had already started. I said a quick prayer that we would be able to locate a car park lot quickly. How faithful our Abba Father is! Despite the car park being very full, we managed to locate two empty car park lots side by side just in front of the glass entrance that we normally used to enter the building. We even had a choice of car park lot! Praise the Lord!

We made our way quickly to church. When we reached the front entrance of the main auditorium, we were informed that the main auditorium and both overflow rooms were full and that there was only floor seating in all the 3 locations. That being the case, we decided to proceed to the main auditorium and we easily managed to locate seating on the carpeted floor at the back of the main auditorium. Da gave me the cushion that he was supplied with and as such, I had two cushions to use - one to support my back and er... one to sit on. It was comfortable and I was able to stretch out my legs, lean back against the wall and enjoy the sermon.

Jesus is God's precious sacrifice. His sacrifice is good for all time, for everything and it lasts forever. Jesus is the answer to every need I have. The Word of Christ is the substance of things hoped for. It entitles me to my blessings and miracles. Amen!

After an anointed church service, Da and I met MT (Da's cousin) for tea at Han's Cafe. It is very interesting to fellowship with MT. He reads widely when it comes to Christian teachings and his foundation in this area is strong. Hi mate, do you hear a little voice inside of you exhorting you to extend your stay in Singapore?

After MT's family came to fetch him for dinner, Da and I made our way to Katong Shopping Centre as Da wanted to cut his hair at the hair salon there. It was an interesting hair cut, to say the least. The hairdresser has been in this business for more than twenty years. My family used to patronise his hair salon at its previous location in Parkway Parade in the 1980s. As the hairdresser was cutting Da's hair, he was explaining to Da the importance of keeping oneself healthy and taking part in activities that promote blood circulation in one's body (eg. tai chi). He demonstrated how he has mastered the skill of using his palm to hit his own head, his own chest, etc to get his blood circulation in tip-top condition.

When Da and I arrived at my mother's home, preparations for dinner were underway by the Chef.

Boy-Boy obediently waited outside the kitchen while his Papa was busy preparing dinner.

Dinner was a simple meal. Each of us had a plate of fettuccine (tossed in olive oil, aglio olio style) with sliced mushrooms and dried prawns together with a slice of baked pork. ZT also microwaved a bowl of braised peanuts to be shared.

The drinks were more elaborate. LG concocted a lychee liqueur.

After dinner, my mother and I watched some youtube videos of Charice Pempengo, a teenage Filipina singer who is currently being mentored by David Foster.

In the meantime, Boy-Boy was given a "manicure and pedicure" by ZT. Firstly, she cut his nails.

Thereafter, ZT proceeded to file Boy-Boy's nails. Ahhhhhhh..... this is the life! Salon treatment at home!

Hi MT, do let us know if you reschedule your return flight to Brisbane. If you do not reschedule the flight, have a safe flight back on 4 March 2009 and see you again in Singapore soon!

By the way, the Red Devils are playing against Spurs in the Carling Cup Final at the moment. No prizes for guessing which soccer club I am rooting for! With this, I am ending this post now. The television set is calling me....

Have a blessed week ahead.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin