Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blessed to be a blessing

Recently, a friend asked me what is it about baking that I find so enjoyable. I replied that I derive a lot of joy from being able to share the cakes, etc made by me with my family and friends.

We are blessed to be a blessing to others.

There are many things in my life that I am thankful for. I do not deny the existence of trials and tribulations in my life (which everyone has) but I reject them in the name of Jesus. I know that God did not create the challenges nor is He using the challenges to "teach me lessons". When the devil throws lemons at me, God will turn the lemons into lemonade.

Do not be fooled into thinking that the devil cannot use people or situations to create trouble for us. He can do it and he will do it. He can use people around us (eg. colleagues, acquaintances, etc) to make life difficult for us. But be of good cheer because Jesus has overcome all this for us. For so long as we continue to worship the Lord and look to Him, it will not be long before we overcome our challenges.

The Bible does not say that arrows will not be directed at us by others. However, a thousand shall fall at our side and ten thousand at our right hand but it shall not come near us.

I have been blessed by our gracious God. He has granted me forgiveness and new life in His son, Jesus Christ.

Having been so blessed, we are called to be a blessing to others, shining forth His life in our lives.

I thank the Lord that I am able to share my love for baking with others.

(homemade goodies for our 3 handsome young neighbours:
vegetable bun, fruity chiffon cake, garlic spread

Jesus, make me a blessing in my work and play and in everything I do. Let Your blessing flow through me so that when others see me, they shall see You. Thank You for loving me. I worship You and I adore You. Your name is above all names in this world. You are worthy to be praised.

Thank You, Lord that my miracle has happened. I await the manifestation of the miracle for others to see how wonderful You have been to me. Amen.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin