Friday, March 6, 2009

East meets West

As LSD will be able to tell you, one of my favourite haunts during lunchtime is Han's Cafe. (Speaking of this, girl, when are we meeting up again for lunch at Han's?)

Recently, Da informed me that Han's Cafe has introduced new items in their menu. They now sell Hainanese pork chop, curry chicken and chicken stew. You have a choice of steamed white rice or bread.

Intrigued, I arranged to meet Da at Han's Cafe for lunch. We ordered a curry chicken to share. The gravy was very smooth and the chicken was tender. However, I found the curry a little spicy.

We also ordered a Hainanese pork chop to share. Unlike other Hainanese pork chops that I have tried, this gravy is a little spicy. The gravy for other Hainanese pork chops tend to be more tomato-based and non-spicy. The pork chop was fried to perfection and tasty.

Both dishes were accompanied by steamed white rice instead of bread. Actually, I requested for bread but somehow my order got mixed up and I ended up with steamed white rice. It turned out to be a good thing because the gravy of both dishes complemented the steamed white rice.

The interesting thing was that for S$3 more, you can convert your order into a "set meal", which involves 3 additional items - a slice of garlic bread, a mug of coffee or tea and a bowl of the soup of the day. The soup of the day that we had was cream of mushroom. I did not expect "western soup" to go well with an Asian dish but surprisingly, it did.

It was a very enjoyable lunch, not just in terms of the company but also the food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't think i can meet up for at least 6 mths now that i am so busy at my end.

the curry don't look spicy at all

LSD

Blog Widget by LinkWithin