Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday date

Da took me out to dinner at The Cafe Cartel today. There was a time in the past when my family was crazy about The Cafe Cartel and we ate there so often that we ended up with "negative utility".

Knowing how crowded The Cafe Cartel can be during dinner time, we decided to wait till the dinner crowd had left before we went there. Actually, Da wanted to watch the S-League soccer match on television first. Home United was playing against Gombak United. The match ended in a 1 - 1 draw, by the way.

By the time we arrived at The Cafe Cartel, I was ravenous. When the basket of freshly sliced crusty bread (which is free flow) arrived, I reached for the bread (which Da thoughtfully spread with butter for me) and started eating... without taking a photograph of the bread! sigh...

While waiting for our main course to arrive, we partook of the soup of the day (cream of mushroom). It was very creamy. More, please?

Finally, our main course arrived! Da had ordered the St. Louis ribs. The meat was so tender that it came off the bone easily.

I ordered a chicken and mushroom linguine. I wanted to order pasta with tomato-based sauce but the only pasta they had on their menu whose sauce was reddish was the chicken and macaroni cooked with sambal sauce, so I gave that a miss.

There is a 15% discount if you were to pay for your meal using your Citibank credit card. We paid using our Citibank visa card, so I do not know off-hand whether the discount applies to the Citibank master card as well. Do note, however, that the discount is given before the 10% service charge and 7% Goods and Services Tax are added to the invoice.

It was a wonderful dinner and I enjoyed myself tremendously. Big hugs and kisses to you, Da!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin