Sunday, March 29, 2009

Buffet again?

Doesn't the food in the photograph above look mouth-watering? More importantly, the company was absolutely great! Ah... more of this later in this post.

Last night, Da and I decided to attend the 9 am church service this morning. When the alarm in my mobile phone rang at 6.30 am today, I groggily deactivated the alarm and promptly went back to sleep. When I opened my eyes again, it was 8.20 am. Goodness me! We were running late. We sprang into action. When we left our home, the youngest of the three handsome boys who live on the same floor as us in our block happened to be near his front entrance. How could we not stop for a few minutes to make some small talk with the little tyke? After we waved a cheery good bye to the little one (who smiled at us bashfully), we made a dash for our car and off we went to church.

Despite it being so early in the morning, there were already many cars parked in the car park of the building where the church is located. Not unexpectedly, the cars were parked at the sections of the car park leading to the various entrances of the building, leaving car park lots that are quite a distance away. However, the Lord is always good to us. An empty car park lot awaited us at the spot where we usually park our car while all the car park lots surrounding that lot were fully occupied. How coincidental can that be?! Thank You, Abba Father!

After an awesome time in church, Da and I decided to have brunch at Han's Cafe & Cafe House. We wanted to order their signature dishes (that is, chicken stew, Hainanese pork chop or curry chicken) that are supposed to be available daily. I had in mind to order the chicken stew, which I had tried previously and found to be delicious. However, only the Hainanese pork chop was available today. Da ordered that while I ordered the grilled dory fish.

As we had ordered the dishes as a set meal, we also had a bowl of soup, a slice of garlic bread, a slice of cake and a mug of hot drink each.

We went to Han's Cafe & Cake House prepared to enjoy our meal at a leisurely pace. As such, after we finished the soup, bread and main dish, we read the newspapers while slowly savouring the cake and hot drink. Ah.... life's simple pleasures!

In the late afternoon, my mother contacted me and asked whether we wanted to meet up for dinner. She suggested having dinner at 6 pm today. "6 pm? Isn't that too early?", I asked her. On second thoughts, it is good to have an early dinner so that our digestive system has enough time to digest the dinner before bedtime. (I can almost visualise Da's cousin, MT nodding his head right now..... Yes, mate, there will be at least four hours between dinnertime and bedtime today.)

My jaw dropped when I found out the venue for the dinner that my mother had arranged for our entire family comprising the seven of us (excluding Boy-Boy, of course). It was Teochew porridge buffet at Orchard Grand Court hotel. Da and I had just had buffet dinner last night. Buffet again? Goodness me! Fortunately, we had brunch today (instead of lunch) and we did not have tea time today (which we would otherwise normally have on sundays).

As our family sat down for dinner and a wonderful time of bonding and catching up, I found out that Da and I were not the only ones who were having a "buffet weekend". My mother had dim sum buffet at Fortunate Restaurant located at International Building after work yesterday. According to her, during weekends, the dim sum at this restaurant is served in push cart trolleys. My favourite type of dim sum! I get a thrill from choosing the dim sum from the trolleys. (Uh oh... I can almost visualise BD, SPD and Miss Southampton shaking their heads at this moment....)

My brother (LG) and his girlfriend (ZT) will be going to Bangkok for a short but well-deserved break next weekend. Have a safe flight there and back and enjoy your vacation! Remember to drink more Iced Coffee from Black Canyon Coffee at Platinum Fashion Mall. *grin*

I would like to end this post with a revelation that a very good friend of ours shared with me today about believing the Lord for breakthroughs in our lives. He said that when the Lord closes a door, He will open another one. We did not choose the Lord; He chose us. Somewhere out there, He has prepared a breakthrough for us. When we finally receive the breakthrough, we will know that He has answered our prayers in His time. Thank you, my friend, for this. Many a time, we forget that even while we were still sinners, He already loved us. He chose us to be part of His family and He wants to bless us and give us all the good things in life. As such, all blessings that we have in our lives come from Him and not from our own efforts. Even our spouses and children are a gift from the Lord. When we see things from this perspective, we will learn to count our blessings. I believe that there is more in store for us and as His children, we will claim this inheritance that He has provided for us.

I wish everyone of you a blessed week ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi foodie

please eat light lunch and dinner this week.... i feel stuffed just oogling at the food spread in your blogs...

gp

Blog Widget by LinkWithin