Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Simple fare

Lately, it has been raining almost everyday and the weather has been a little chilly. As such, I decided to prepare a simple dinner for Da and myself today.

I cooked a small pot of mushroom soup. It ended up more like mushroom stew due to the inclusion of ingredients such as carrots, potatoes and young corn.

As I had additional cut ingredients left over from the mushroom soup, I baked some vegetable buns.

The soup goes well with the yoghurt bread made by me. Da commented that the inclusion of yoghurt in the bread makes the bread taste like sourdough bread. He is not very far off the mark because sourdough bread is made using sour cream (which tastes similar to plain yoghurt).

For dessert, I made chocolate bread custard.

As I was preparing dinner, I heard the lift door open. I peeked out from where I stood in the kitchen and saw the three handsome young boys (who are our neighbours) coming home. They grinned and greeted me exuberantly. I smiled in reply and gave them a plate of goodies made by me - banana loaf, yoghurt bread and chocolate bread custard.

Around 11 pm today, Da's cousin (MT) called Da to inform us that MT will be going back to Brisbane, Australia tomorrow. Bon voyage, MT and keep in touch! See you again in Singapore, mate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there any empty rooms in your house or any unit available near your premises?

We would like to be your neighbour. There are always delicious food.

Hamtaro

Blog Widget by LinkWithin