Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank you for the well wishes

To all those who remembered my birthday this year, a big "thank you" to you. I am indeed very blessed.

I received so many well wishes from family, relatives, friends and colleagues this year. With the age of modern technology, I am amazed at the various modes through which I received birthday greetings this year:-
(a) face-to-face
(b) telephone call
(c) text message
(d) email
(e) facebook
(f) blog
(g) birthday card

Although we may say that we are older with each passing year and the "no need, lah" phrase is said when it comes to presents, there is always still a feeling of thrill when one receives a birthday present.

My wonderful family gave me a lunch treat at River City Restaurant on 9 November 2008 (for more details, please refer to River City Lunch). We had Chinese a-la-carte buffet. Burp!

Each year, without fail, Da will arrange for a beautiful floral arrangement to be delivered to my office. This year, the flowers were accompanied by an adorable toy dog. I have lost count of the number of people who have requested me to let them have the dog. *grin* (Special Day)

Da also gave me a red bag that can be used when I go to the gym. He also bought a matching pouch to accompany the bag.

After a certain someone sealed the fate of my Disney plastic fan at a KTV session many moons ago, Da bought me a sandalwood fan. Sandalwood fans are different from other wooden fans because you can smell the sandalwood when you fan youself.

My mommy gave me an ang pow - thanks, Ma! Very practical! Sant Rolane, here I come!

My brother (LB) and his wife (MF) went on a short vacation to Japan recently. As such, my birthday gift from them was made up of mostly Hello Kitty memorabilia from Japan. Arigato gozaimasu!

My dear little sister, LSD, gave me a lovely pair of dangling earrings from Marks & Spencer. It's perfect as I do not have a pair of earrings in this colour.

BD and SPD gave me a "Daily Bread" Promises Box. There are little cards with versus from the Bible. The box is now proudly displayed on my office table.

From some of my KTV kakis, LC and MC, I received a beautiful "blink-blink" bracelet. The design is very "me" and I have been wearing it to work daily for the past week.

A friend, CTK, gave me a cutesy plush toy. It is very huggable!

My daddy's business associate gave me an ang-pow. Thank you very much!

One of my dearest and oldest penpals, HK (who lives in Norway) posted to me the beautiful gift that you see in the photograph below. We have known each other since we were in our early teens. I am very blessed that our friendship has endured all these years.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin