Sunday, November 9, 2008

Super Value Buffet Lunch

At 10 am today, my mobile phone rang. It was my mother. She had called to remind us about our family lunch scheduled for 11.30 am today.

At about 11.05 am, Da and I set off on our car journey to Excelsior Hotel.

My family, Da and I had arranged to meet for River City Restaurant's "Super Value Buffet Lunch" at 11.30 am today. The restaurant is located at #04-02 Excelsior Hotel.

As Da and I drove into the car park, we spied the car of my youngest brother and we decided to park our car next to his car.

When we arrived at the restaurant, my mother, youngest brother and his girlfriend were already seated. My other brother and his wife had not yet arrived.

Why is the buffet lunch touted to be "super value"? For S$23-90++ per adult during lunchtime on saturdays, sundays, public holidays and eve of public holidays (it costs S$2++ less during lunchtime on mondays to fridays), you get a selection of 42 dishes and 3 desserts. Other than the shark's fin soup and mango pudding (both of which are limited to one bowl per person), the rest of the dishes and desserts are unlimited.

As my youngest brother and his girlfriend were selecting the dishes to be ordered, the rest of the gang arrived.

While we were waiting for our food, my youngest brother's girlfriend gave each of us a mobile phone accessory (made from Swarovski crystals) that she had ordered from an ex-colleague who makes such accessories. In order of appearance (from back row to front row):-
(a) penguin - for Da
(b) elephant - for my mother
(c) rabbit - for my younger brother
(d) mouse - for me
(e) monkey - for my younger brother's wife

I forgot to ask her what she got for my youngest brother (her boyfriend). A horse?

As the lunch progressed, our pace of eating got slower and slower. Just when we could barely eat any more, my mother reminded us that the sign on the table warned us that any balance food will be charged at a-la-carte prices. As such, we resorted to UJ's age-old method - "pune-pune" (ie. split the food!).

I had a enjoyable time at lunch today. I thank the Lord that He has always blessed my family and I with plenty of laughter, love and joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erm hmm... lost 1kg, put back at least 2kg?

LSD

Blog Widget by LinkWithin