Sunday, November 2, 2008

My brother, the chef

My youngest brother is getting to become an accomplished chef.

When Da and I arrived at my mother's home this evening, we could smell delicious food even while we are standing at the gate!

As we entered the house and went to the dining room, we saw a wonderful spread of dishes on the table.

My brother had certainly outdone himself. My mother had marinated some chicken wings with sesame oil, black sauce, light sauce and pepper, which my brother baked at 240 degrees celsius for 30 minutes. He did not need to turn the chicken wings around halfway.

There was a dish of stir-fried vegetables. I tasted sesame oil in the vegetables. The addition of sesame oil makes the dish very flavourful.

My family likes "chai por" omelette. The best "chai por" that we have bought so far is the Rabbit brand of "chai por".

My brother is certainly making good use of the meat curry powder that I bought for him from Little India. He cooked a chicken curry.

If meat is not your cup of tea, there was also curry vegetables. My family does not use coconut milk when cooking curry. Recently, I cooked a pork curry using plain yoghurt to thicken the gravy - it was delicious.

No meal would be complete without a glass of wine. As there were meat dishes, my brother decided to open a bottle of red wine. The difference was that he selected a sweet red wine, which went very well with the dishes.

For dessert, Da and I bought some doughnuts from Doughnut factory at Suntec Tower Four.

Doughnut Factory is currently having a promotion - a dozen doughnuts for S$11. We usually ask the server to select for us the more popular flavours. Their star product is the double-chocolate, which you can see at the bottom right hand corner of the photograph below.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin