Saturday, November 15, 2008

TGIS (Thank God It's Saturday!)

Thank goodness that it's a saturday again!

I fell ill about 2 to 3 days ago. Although I went to consult a general practitioner at a clinic near my home at night on 13 November 2008, I turned down his offer of a medical certificate to excuse me from work yesterday as I had a meeting scheduled for 3 pm yesterday.

However, by lunch time yesterday, it was clear to me that I was not going to make it through the entire work day. My whole body was wrecked in pain due to the influenza that I had and my eyes were blurry and teary.

I went home after the 3 pm meeting and I slept until Da came home. He cooked some instant noodles for me for dinner but I did not finish it.

At this juncture, I would like to thank LSD / AO / WL for their suggestion that I drink hot green tea with honey. Whilst I would not normally add hot water to honey as this is believed to destroy the honey's health properties, the combination of green tea with honey was very soothing for my throat and I found it even more effective than English tea with milk.

Yesterday, I cancelled my appointment with my beautician scheduled for this morning. Da and I had an appointment with the dentist scheduled for 2.30 pm today and I decided that I would rest at home this morning.

I woke up feeling better than last night. I am not used to being at home on a saturday morning as I would either be in the office or I would be out for an appointment. As such, I wandered around the kitchen looking for something to do (yes, I am a glutton for punishment!). I saw some cream cheese in my refrigerator and I decided to make a cheesecake. Actually, I made two cheesecakes - one to bring to the home of the Three Musketeers tonight and one to bring to my mother's home tomorrow.

Da sent me a text message after work to meet him at the MRT station's taxi stand near our home (he did not drive to work today) at 2 pm. I drove the car to the MRT station and Da took over the wheels when he arrived.

Gosh! I did not realise that it has been about a year since we last visited the dentist. Ideally, one should visit the dentist every 6 months. We go to Smile Dental, which is located along East Coast Road. I find the dentists there very friendly and they go out of their way to put the patient at ease. When I was younger, I once visited a dentist in another dental clinic who used so much force when extracting my wisdom tooth (and she was heavily pregnant at that time!) .

Whenever Da and I visit the dentist, we would usually eat at the nearby Glory Catering cafe after the dental visit. Today, however, they were closed. As such, we had our lunch at Mei Yun cafe instead. Da ordered a plain rice with char siew and roast pork.

I ordered noodles with roast chicken and char siew.

Mei Yun cafe has been in operation for many years and is very popular. However, I prefer the roast chicken, char siew and the roast pork sold at the roast meat stall in Haig Road hawker centre.

After lunch, we went home for a quick shower and I did some finishing touches to my cheesecake before we proceeded to the home of The Three Musketeers. The menu for dinner? Healthy steamboat!

ET had also bought shabu-shabu meat. It looks like bacon in the photograph below, doesn't it?

The vegetable that you see in the photograph below is known as "tang-o". It is seasonal and is not easily available. However, it is very suitable for soups and steamboats.

Nowadays, we are all health conscious and as such, it is good to eat something soupy for dinner.

When Blackninja and I saw the amount of rice that Calla Lily had ladled onto our plates, we scooped out half of our respective amounts of rice and transferred the rice to, er.... ET's plate. We hid a grin when ET commented that his plate of rice seemed a lot.

Hey Supercute! You are exempted from eating less rice, so... eat more! *grin

After dinner, we watched "Music and Lyrics" and goo-ga-ed over Hugh Grant (who else?). Gosh, he can certainly "move his tush". No wonder SR was so intrigued by Hugh Grant's music video "Pop Goes My Heart" and we had a good laugh when she showed us the music video during break time at work. I remember a certain someone walking past and passing a comment about "jiggling".

Before the Red Devils thrashed Stoke City 5-1 in an English Premier League match last night, we ate the cheesecake that Da and I brought with us.

Of course, no dessert would be complete without KT coffee.

The whipped cream from the cheesecake certainly came in useful. We followed Tiki's suggestion and added some of the whipped cream in our coffee and sprinkled ground cinnamon on top. Mama Mia!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

green tea with honey was my recommendation...... *diaoz* I am always having throat infection, so thats why I know that drinking that will help me, assuming no fever.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin