Monday, October 27, 2008

The three mouseketeers

I woke up this morning and looked at the alarm clock groggily. Gasp! I was late for a lunch appointment with my friends, BW and EK.

The three mousketeers had arranged to meet for lunch at Basilico, Regent Hotel. I quickly sent a text message to BW to inform her that I will be late.

Da gave me a lift to Regent Hotel. I quickened my steps as I walked towards the restaurant. I had not seen BW and EK for some time and I was looking forward to chatting and gossiping.

EK had booked a table for buffet lunch at Basilico. When I arrived and I was shown to the table, I waved at the 2 girls with whom I was schoolmates in junior college.

I went to survey the buffet spread. Wow! The selection of salads and cold cuts was mind boggling.

I do not normally eat bread when I eat a buffets. However, there was such a wide selection of bread that I could not resist taking a bread bun. It was soft and, in the words of a certain bread company, "good enough to eat on its own".

We had a wonderful lunch, catching up and gossiping. Although we have each gone on to different professions, our paths seem to cross from time to time and we have mutual work acquaintances.

Just when I thought that I could not eat another bite, I took a look at the dessert spread and I surrendered. So much choice! In the end, in the interest of our ever-expanding waistlines, we decided to share the desserts. As such, each of us selected some cakes, custards, etc and we shared the desserts.

I would recommend their tiramisu - it is absolutely divine! I am partial to apple crumble and I was very pleased to discover that their apple crumble is served warm.

It was raining when we left the hotel. BW drove off to another gathering (how was the laksa, girl?) whereas EK and I took a bus - EK was on her way to Parkway Parade and I was on my way home. I have a birthday dinner to attend later in the day.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin