Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, BH

BH's birthday fell on 11 October 2008. She has certainly been busy these few weeks! She has been having appointments non-stop almost on a daily basis. As the dear girl is the "woman of the month", I was only granted an "audience" with her today.

We had initially arranged to meet for lunch on 16 October 2008 (Thursday). However, the "goddess with an attitude" sent me a text message yesterday to reschedule the lunch to today. I was able to confirm the lunch this morning and we agreed to meet at our usual haunt, that is, Hans at Springleaf Tower.

I was late for the lunch as I had a meeting that took longer than expected. When I arrived at Hans, all huffing and puffing, BH was standing there, waiting for a table. As the cafe was crowded, we were asked to share a table with 2 other customers.

BH ordered her favourite - fried egg and bacon with toasted wholemeal bread.

And BH's drink? The usual - iced lemon tea.

I was toying with the idea of ordering a sandwich as well but I changed my mind as I ate bread (homemade wholemeal bread) for breakfast this morning. As such, I decided to order a chicken omelette and a coffee. Before my diet advisers (yes, I have a few!) start to gasp in horror at the volume of the food that you see in the photograph below, let me assure them that I ate up the entire omelette (*grin), part of the salad and 2 french fries. I left the rest of the plate (oops... or whatever little was left of it!) untouched.

I handed to BH her belated birthday present. Tsk! This teochew girl could not wait till she was in the privacy of her room at home to open up the present. Hey, it is not my fault that the wrapping paper tore while you were opening it. I did warn you that the wrapping paper was a little thin. tsk, tsk... be gentle like a lamb, my dear!

BH and I had not had a meal together for some time, so it was good to catch up. There was the usual ribbing and teasing. It was fun! Let's do this again, girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ermm... my dear friend, what you mean "granted an audience"? Remembered I called you to arrange for the lunch appointment last week!

Looking at the way i keep ordering the same thing can tell you about my personality 1) boring 2)Stubborn or 3) faithful haha...

As for the prezzie, I did spend a whole 2 minutes trying to take out the sticky tape that was poorly stuck onto the thin wrapper! And what does unwrapping a prezzie got to do with my dialect group? U have something against Teochews? haha...

Ok..lets do it another time. U mentioned next week right? I am ok so far. U let me know which day. Reserve it for u....

Thanks for the help today!

BH

PEBBLES - the Lord's beloved said...

My dear BH, *grin :)

I have nothing against Teochews.... not to worry. However, Teochew Ah Nias are renowed to be very gentle with a sweet disposition. It was precisely because the scotch tape was of such a poor quality that it should have been easier to remove it because it barely taped the wrapping paper together. haha!

Oops... I better don't shoot myself in the foot in case you use extra strong scotch tape to wrap my birthday present and I am the one who ends up struggling to unwrap my present when the time comes. You will then have the last laugh.

As for lunch next week, hmm... probably Thursday or Friday, if your schedule is okay. Let's see how it goes.

Pebbles

Blog Widget by LinkWithin