Friday, October 3, 2008

prawn salad with fruit cocktail

I have sampled the Very Tiki Prawn Salad several times and I enjoy it tremendously.

When Da and I had a gathering at our home recently for some friends, I decided to make the Very Tiki Prawn Salad. However, I was unfortunately not able to replicate the recipe wholesale as I was not able to obtain all the ingredients when I did my grocery shopping.

As a result, I have modified the recipe.

Here is my recipe for prawn salad with fruit cocktail.

Ingredients

20 medium sized prawns

1 can fruit cocktail

thousand island dressing

bacon bits

Method

1. Shell the prawns and de-vein them.

2. Slice the prawns cross-section.

3. Steam the prawns till they are cooked. Alternatively, you can cook the prawns in boiling water. Set aside the prawns.

4. Drain the syrup from the fruit cocktail and arrange the fruit cocktail in a round dish.

5. Add the steamed / boiled prawns on top of the fruit cocktail.

6. Liberally pour thousand island dressing over the prawn and fruit cocktail.

7. Sprinkle with a generous amount of bacon bits.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin