There are 2 ways to use premixes:-
(a) follow the recipe wholesale; or
(b) vary the recipe.
What you see in the photograph below is raisin bread.
500g Red Man fine grain wholemeal bread premix
5g dry yeast
1 tsp Bake King bread improver
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For coating the loaf pan
1. Mix the bread premix with the yeast, bread improver, ground cinnamon and raisins thoroughly in a large mixing bowl using a wooden spoon. Leave the mixture to rest for 1 minute.
2. Add 300ml of water and mix well.
3. Knead the dough for 15 minutes. Cover the mixing bowl with a damp cloth and leave the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Grease the insides of 2 small loaf pans with butter/margarine and sprinkle bread flour to coat the sides of the pan.
5. Separate the dough into 2 equal portions and press each portion evenly into a small loaf pan. Cover each pan with a damp cloth and leave the dough to rise for 1 hour.
1. You can eat the bread on its own or you can spread crunchy peanut butter onto the bread.
2. If you intend to toast the bread in an oven, spread some margarine/butter onto the bread before you toast the bread. When the margarine/butter melts onto the bread, it is simply heavenly!
3. The bread goes well with a cup of coffee.