Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Aunty!

It is my aunt's birthday today. She is my mother's 2nd sister.

My aunt has retired and is now a lady of leisure. Prior to her retirement, she had worked very hard for many years. Living in Malaysia, life has not always been a bed of roses for her. However, she has always picked herself up and moved on. Sometimes life throws lemons at us - we just have to turn the lemons into lemonade and look on the brighter side of life.

She used to have long flowing hair, often to my envy. When I was younger, I used to wonder how she could maintain such long hair in the hot and humid weather that we have in South East Asia.

She has since cut her hair in a short bob and she maintains her own hair now. Amazing! I can at most only cut my fringe and even then, when the fringe gets thick, I need to make a quick visit to the hair salon for the hairdresser to layer my fringe.

My aunt is a great fan of Elvis Presley. My daddy used to tease her mercilessly about her idol!



This morning, I sent a text message to my aunt to wish her a very happy birthday. I received a reply only in the evening. It seems that my aunt had gone gallivanting the whole of today with my grandaunt. The two women had certainly painted the town red. Hi ladies! I am sure that the two of you are totally exhausted by now!

My aunt lives in a small town in Malaysia. This town is renowned for their Three Elephant brand of sauce. This brand of sauce is apparently sold in glass bottles as well as plastic bottles. GPL has advised me that the sauce in the glass bottle tastes better.

This lovely aunt of mine is a very thoughtful person and I admire her greatly. She has faced life with gusto and determination. She cares very much for all her nieces and nephews and whilst she may nag at us from time to time, I know that she does it with love in her heart.

Live your life to the fullest, my dear aunt!

On the occasion of your birthday, I just want to wish you very many happy returns of the day and many more to come. Lots of love to you from my mommy, my brothers (and their respective other 1/2), the most handsome Jack Russell Terrier in the world, Da and me. May the Lord bless you richly and may your life be full of peace and joy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin