Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy birthday, Supercute!

It is Supercute's birthday today. Happy birthday, dear boy! Yes, yes, you are now erm... almost as tall as I am! Remember that I wear high heels, so I am still taller than you! *grin

When Da and I arrived at Supercute's home, we had a pleasant surprise. Big Foot was there! He was watching television with his boy-boy (photograph below). The little one must be exuberant that his Papa is back from his golf trip to Malacca, Malaysia.

Big Foot gave Da and I a lovely souvenir from Malacca. Thank you very much, Big Foot, for your thoughtfulness.

SY announced that in celebration of Supercute's birthday, we will all go to Tanglin Halt hawker centre for western food. Yummy! There is a stall at Tanglin Halt hawker centre that is famous for their western food. Proudly displayed at the stall is an old and faded newspaper article from eons ago with a write-up about the food.

Some of us ordered the mixed grill, which comprises a piece of chicken and a piece of pork.

The rest of us ordered the chicken cutlet.

Nining did not order anything. However, she had a great time "sharing food" with all of us! No prizes for guessing who ate all my baked beans and french fries.

ET also ordered a plate of satay from the Muslim stall. What I like about satay sold by the Muslim stallholders is that the entire stick of satay comprises the satay meat and there is no piece of fat meat sandwiched inside the satay (unlike satay sold by Chinese stallholders).

After dinner, it was back to the home of the Three Musketeers for singing of the birthday song and cutting of the birthday cake. Oops.... I should say "birthday cakes" because SY proudly baked 2 cakes for the soon-to-be-lanky teenager.

First up, a lemon meringue pie.

The pie was followed by a cranberry and raisin cake. Delicious!

Supercute, on the occasion of your 13th birthday, I wish you very many happy returns of the day. I have known you since you were a little boy and I am proud that you are growing up to be a very thoughtful and mature young man. May the Lord bless you and may you abide in the shadow of His Almighty always.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin