Saturday, May 22, 2010

Visit by the family of the Three Musketeers

Da had to work late today. Before he went to work, he bought a packet of nasi lemak for my breakfast from our favourite coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong.

I ate my breakfast with a mug of hot tea.

In the afternoon, FIL and MIL came over to our home. MIL had bought lunch for me. As MIL was feeling hungry, she decided to eat her lunch (char siew and roast pork rice) first.

FIL ate char siew noodles. He is not fond of wonton and MIL will order his noodles sans the wonton.

I had a wonderful day of baking today! Here are some kaya muffins.

If you are wondering why you see two colours in the photograph below, it is because I also baked chocolate muffins.

Here is my chicken mayonnaise sandwich that MIL bought for my lunch.

A close-up photograph of the chocolate muffin.

MIL kindly tore apart the chocolate muffin for me to take a photograph.

This is a peanut butter cake. We could smell the aroma of the peanut butter even before the cake was sliced.

And this? *grin*... this is a chocolate cheese cake. I used two types of cheese in the batter - Laughing Cow cheese and sliced cheddar cheese.

I gave FIL and MIL a slice of peanut butter cake and chocolate cheese cake for their teatime snack.

I also packed some goodies for the three handsome boys who live opposite Da and I in our apartment block.

As the family of the Three Musketeers was coming over for a swim and dinner today, I packed the peanut butter cake in a tupperware container for our after-dinner snack.

Into another plastic container went the kaya muffins, chocolate muffins and chocolate cheese cake.

Before our guests arrived, I enjoyed a slice of the chocolate cheese cake.

I also drank a mug of hot coffee. I really should cut down on my consumption of coffee and tea. According to the dentist, consumption of coffee and tea tends to stain one's teeth.

When the family of the Three Musketeers arrived, Da had not yet come home. As such, our guests, Princess and I went for a dip in the swimming pool.

After everyone was refreshed from their shower, we ate some tortilla chips while waiting for the KFC delivery to arrive.

We also shared some Vietnamese prawn crackers.

I decided to bake some finger food as a pre-dinner snack.

Ding-dong! Our home delivery had arrived!

This is KFC's signature mashed potato.

And their delicious cole slaw.

It was a feast indeed!

We decided to put the food on the living room table and everyone sat Japanese-style at the table to enjoy our dinner.

Nining sampled a bit of Princess' Nestle rice cereal with vegetable.

Supercute and Tau Suan were very thoughtful and kept feeding me because I was busy feeding Princess her dinner.

We saved some leftovers for Da.

It was a delicious dinner with great company. Let's do this again soon!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin