Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy birthday, Da!

Today is Da's birthday. Happy birthday, Da! May the favour of the Lord be upon you always!

Unfortunately, Da had work to attend to today and was unable to take leave today. As he was running late for a meeting, he warmed up some bread buns in our oven and brought it to work for his breakfast.

My mother and I had a late breakfast. Mom ate nasi lemak that Da had bought for her.

I ate a chicken pau and a siew mai that Da and I bought from Hoe Kee Pau yesterday.

The hot beverage of the morning was coffee.

During lunchtime, I contacted Da and arranged to meet him for lunch at Han's Cafe & Cake House located at Springleaf Building. Lunch was on me since it was Da's special day today.

Da ordered stir-fried salmon with bell peppers. His dish was served with a plate of steamed white rice.

I ordered aglio olio linguine with chicken.

For the pasta, I topped up S$3 to make it a "meal". That meant that we were also entitled to a soup of the day, a hot drink and a dessert (in this case, a slice of watermelon).

PIL did not visit us today. As such, my mother, Da and I had a quiet dinner. My mother ate Hong Kong mee.

Da ate rice dumpling with a little Hong Kong mee.

I ate the same thing as Da.

My mother and Da could not resist eating their noodles with sambal belacan.

After dinner, we enjoyed the durian doh-doh that my brother (LB) and his wife (MF) had bought recently.

Da also took a peek at the mini-cake that Da's nieces (SCT and MAT) had given Da today. MAT had thoughtfully brought over the mini-cake while we were at work today. Thank you, girls!

My mother gave Da a birthday ang-pow for good luck before she went home.

Here are the birthday presents for Da from Princess and me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin