Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers' Day 2010 - Part 1

Mothers' Day falls on the second sunday of May each year. However, for many of us who are married, it is customary to celebrate Mothers' Day on saturday and sunday of the weekend of Mothers' Day. Why is this so? Well, we have our own mother and we have our mother-in-law.

I had to work this afternoon. Before I left the house, I microwaved a rice dumpling and practically gobbled down my lunch as I was running late.

Rice dumplings tend to be on the oily side and as such, I gulped down a mug of hot Chinese tea (well, I drank as fast as I could!).

Just before I left the house, the security guard of our development buzzed our unit on the intercom and informed me that I had a delivery.

Da had arranged for a beautiful floral arrangement of lovely roses to be delivered to our home today.

Here is a close-up photograph of the roses. Aren't they beautiful?

As it turned out, I attended two meetings in one afternoon.

We had originally arranged for a buffet dinner with FIL and MIL at Miramar Hotel. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel the reservation. Instead, MIL and Da went out to buy dinner for everyone.

FIL ate nasi goreng.

MIL ate mee goreng.

Da shared a bit of the nasi goreng with FIL.

I ate Hong Kong mee.

We also opened a packet of Doritos tortilla chips. Yummy!

Here is MIL, taking a peek at her Mothers' Day bouquet from Princess.

The bouquet comprised a teddy bear and a fabric rose.

May I wish "Happy Mothers' Day" to all mothers, mothers-to-be and godmothers!

Shaloam,

Share

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin