Monday, May 10, 2010

Blk 81

"Blk 81" is a short form way of referring to a coffeeshop located at Blk 81 Marine Parade Road.

In the old days, my family and I used to patronise this coffeeshop frequently. There was a stall selling "teochew porridge" and we were such regular customers that the helpers at the stall could recognise us.

This coffeeshop is still in existence and the "teochew porridge" stall is still there but over the years, the helpers at the stall have changed.

This evening, Da bought "mixed rice" from the "teochew porridge" stall at the Blk 81 coffeeshop.

This is my mother's dinner:-

This is Da's dinner:-

This is my dinner:-

The total cost for 3 packets? S$8.

To end the meal on a sweet note, we ate freshly baked muffins. No, I did not bake these. The person who gave the muffins to me today bought them from "Bake Off" at level 2 of the Amoy Street Food Centre.

Shaloam,

Share

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin