Friday, May 21, 2010

Oodles of noodles

Guess what?

My mother and I ate noodles for breakfast... and again for dinner today!

This is my mother's "breakfast bee hoon".

And here is mine....

Da had to work late today.

After work, I took SBS No. 10, thinking to alight at Kallang Airport hawker centre to buy yong tauhu. When SBS No. 10e arrived, I merrily boarded the bus, thinking that I would be able to get to the same designation but faster since buses with "e" will skip a few bus stops. Imagine my surprise when the bus did not even turn onto the road where the Kallang Airport hawker centre was located. My heart skipped a few beats as the bus continued travelling along Mountbatten Road and ignored every single bus stop along the way on that road.

By then, I was wondering whether the bus would let me alight at the Katong Shopping Centre bus stop. I do not live within short distance of Katong Shopping Centre but at least there was a taxi stand there and I could buy dinner from the food court located at the basement level and take a taxi home.

Phew! The bus stopped at Katong Shopping Centre for me to alight. I made my way to the food court and bought yong tauhu for my mother.

I also bought yong tauhu for myself but requested for "Emperor noodles" instead of rice vermicelli.

As I was about to leave Katong Shopping Centre, a Caucasian man approached me and requested that I direct him to the "big supermarket" located within Katong Shopping Centre. I was puzzled. There is no supermarket located within Katong Shopping Centre, much less a "big supermarket". When I told him so, he looked surprised, thanked me and walked away. As I left, I noticed that he still lingered in the building. I wondered whether he was still trying to locate the "big supermarket".

I managed to hail a taxi from the taxi stand at Katong Shopping Centre. The taxi driver was an interesting character. He wore a cowboy hat and was quite frank in his opinion about some passengers that he had ever driven.

Da has to work on saturday and sunday as well. I guess that means... yes, you guessed it! Baking time for me!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin