Monday, May 24, 2010

late dinner

Da and I had a late dinner today.

I had been having a bad headache throughout the day. By afternoon, I decided to "cave in" and I took two tablets of Panadol after lunch.

In the evening, I took a Mass Rapid Transit train after work and alighted at Aljunied MRT station. I intended to buy steamed buns from the Hoe Kee Pau near the MRT station for our breakfast tomorrow. As I walked through a coffeeshop near the MRT station, I slipped and fell because the floor was very oily. Not only did the mixed rice stall lady not ask me whether I was injured, she was irritated that when I tried to grab the table to stop my fall (which I was not able to), I tipped over her plastic tray instead.

My stockings were all stained with blackish oil-like substance. Had this incident occurred abroad, I think that the coffeeshop owner would have been faced with a possible lawsuit. As it was, I took out a piece of tissue paper and cleaned my hands as best as I could.

No one came to my aid even though it was obvious that my hands were full of items (one of which was a container of hot soup). Has the Singapore society degenerated to such an extent that no one goes to the aid of another person? This reminds me of an incident that occurred in Princess' enrichment class recently. One of the little girls in class started vomiting during snack time. The other adults in the class just stared at the child and her mother. Even though I was not next to the child nor the washroom, I rushed to the washroom, took some serviettes and returned to help mop up the vomit. In the meantime, the enrichment class teacher brought over a box of tissue paper. I took some tissue paper and tried to help the mother clean up her child. When the incident was over, I could not help but shake my head in amazement.

As I type this post, I can still feel pain in my left leg, especially when I bend it. I guess I may have twisted my leg when I fell.

After Da came back, by the time we settled down to dinner, it was past 10 pm. I used our sandwich maker to make some luncheon meat and cheese toasties.

I also cubed some sweet potatoes and microwaved them. They were sweet and delicious.

This is the container of soup that I was carrying when I fell.

The stall holder had packed the noodles separately at my request. Da added the noodles to the soup before he ate them.

I also ordered 5 pieces of gyoza that cost $3.

After dinner, I could not resist eating a slice of the chocolate cheese cake that I had baked over the weekend.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin