Saturday, January 9, 2010

Working on a saturday

It has been some time since I had to work on a saturday.

The fact that I worked on saturday today may be a sign that the economy is picking up. On the other hand, some analysts hold the view that the market will come tumbling down in the second half of 2010. At the end of the day, it is anybody's guess how the economy will turn out this year. What is, however, important is that we should rest in the Lord and trust that no matter what storms our economy is facing, the Lord is the solid rock upon whom we stand.

As Da had to work this morning, Aunt SN (my mother's second sister) joined me for breakfast this morning. Like me, Aunt SN likes to eat bread, especially homemade bread.

I put our new Philips handheld grinder to good use and I made pear and avocado puree.

The meeting that I had to attend today lasted from 3 pm till past 7 pm. Gosh, I was exhausted by the time I reached home. A sign of age? Not to worry - my batteries will be recharged tomorrow morning when Da and I sit at the feet of Jesus in church. I am looking forward to attending church service tomorrow.

Da's parents joined Aunt SN, Da and I for dinner today.

Aunt SN and I ate sliced fish hor fun while MIL ate fried kway teow.

I took a sample bite of Da's mee goreng and found it spicy.

FIL ate sambal fried rice.

If you have not noticed by now, we are currently using a very festive looking table cloth. The design is quite Christmasey but it is so pretty that I am loathe to change it to a "normal looking" table cloth (now that Christmas is over). *grin*

Last night, I received the news that my colleague fell in the office near her workstation yesterday and required ten stitches on her forehead. Ouch! Take care, MF and get well soon!

I remember falling in the bathtub while I was about 4 years of age and my forehead hit the tap of the bathtub. The stitches near my right eyebrow are no longer visible but as a result of this fall, my daddy had the bathtub removed. How great the love of a parent for his/her child is that the interest of the child is paramount. It is only when one becomes a parent himself/herself that one can truly appreciate this.

Have a Shaloam week ahead!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin