Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday makan

What does one do with some balance kaya from Chin Mee Chin? More of that later in this post....

Da had to work today and Aunt SN (my mother's second sister) came to our home to enjoy breakfast with me. Aunt SN and I both love toasted bread spread with peanut butter. Yummy!

Today, I gave the peanut butter a miss as I ate my toasted bread with ham, cheese and cheese sausage instead.

While waiting for Da to come home, I decided to use the balance kaya (which we bought from Chin Mee Chin) to bake kaya cake. To give the cake some "crunch", I used my walnut crusher to crush some pistachio meat and I added it to the cake batter. The cake went very well with a cup of tea (or in Aunt SN's case, a cup of coffee).

FIL and MIL came to our place for lunch. As such, on his way back from work, Da went to our favourite coffeeshop at Jalan Tua Kong and he ordered some takeaway food.

FIL and MIL ate beef hor fun.

I ate fried mee sua.

Aunt SN and Da ate fried rice.

The papaya that was in our refrigerator was ripe and as such, MIL cut the papaya for after-lunch dessert. It was very sweet!

We are running out of bread, so I think I shall bake a loaf of bread tomorrow. Hmm... what shall I bake? Well, you will have to wait till tomorrow's post to find out!

Nitey-nite!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin