Thursday, January 21, 2010

Late dinner

I had to work late today. As I was rushing work, I did not have time to eat dinner.

By the time I left the office, it was way past dinner time. However, as my stomach was growling louder than a tiger, I decided to make a detour to Hoe Kee dim sum shop in Geylang to buy some cold chicken big pau for breakfast tomorrow. As I intend to steam the pau tomorrow morning, I decided not to buy the hot pau as I would need to wait for the pau to cool down before I store them in the refrigerator.

While I was at Hoe Kee, I ordered some assorted fried dim sum as well. If you are a fan of yam cake, I would recommend the fried yam cake from Hoe Kee. It is very delicious. Their fried spring roll is favoured by my Aunt SN (my mother's second sister).

Before I paid for my order, I also requested for one hot chicken big pau.

When Da arrived home not long after me, he ate the chicken big pau while I ate some of the fried dim sum. I could not resist snacking on some of the fried dim sum as it was piping hot when I bought them. Yummy!

Just a thought for today.... no matter what challenges we encounter in whatever we embark on, we should look beyond the trees and see the forest. When we see the bigger picture, many things in life become worthwhile and we learn to let go of the "small stuff". Jesus has carried our diseases and borne our pain. When we see the perfect sacrifice by our Lord and Saviour, whatever trials and tribulations we are going through pale in comparison. Thank You, Lord for loving me.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin