Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lazy saturday with Aunt SN

My mother had to work the whole day today. As such, Aunt SN (who is currently living with my mother) spent the day with us.

Aunt SN is my mother's second sister. MAT (Da's niece) told me the other day that if one does not see my mother and Aunt SN face-to-face, one will not be able to tell their voices apart. I never realised this until I heard Aunt SN speak (while my back was turned) - MAT was right! Aunt SN's voice and my mother's voice are so alike!

Aunt SN is camera-shy and as such, I had to resort to taking candid photographs of her. *grin*

While Da was at work today, I lazed away the morning by baking an apple banana cake.

En route home from work, Da bought a packet of sambal chicken fried rice for Aunt SN from our favourite coffee shop at Jalan Tua Kong.

For me, Da ordered soba noodles fried mee goreng style (minus the chilli). It has been a while since I ate this.

In the afternoon, I put our new Philips grinder (thanks, Kor and Din, for the recommendation!) to good use by preparing homemade pureed vegetables (comprising carrots, sweet potato, sweet peas, asparagus and broccoli).

We thought of bringing Aunt SN to Tampines Mall to check it out. However, I have to admit that we were all exhausted and as such, we decided to spend a lazy saturday at home.

In the evening, Aunt SN re-heated the balance sambal chicken fried rice (that she could not finish consuming at lunchtime) while I made toasties for Da. I also used the leftover turkey from our Christmas dinner and made a mini-casserole/stew for Da to eat with his toasties.

As for myself, I indulged in two slices of toasted bread spread with peanut butter and kaya.

I look forward to going to church tomorrow. I wonder what message the Lord has for me tomorrow.

Have a great year ahead!

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin