Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rest and relax

What a way to start the new year - rest, rest, rest!

By "rest", I am not referring to inactivity. Instead, I am referring to resting in the Lord. When we rest in Him, He works! Which of us, by our own effort, can change anything? Nothing is impossible for the Lord and it would be foolhardy for us to think that miracles are brought about by us. Lord, I am going to rest in You this 2010. As I go about in my everyday life, I trust that You will guide me and show me the way. Best of all, You have gone ahead of me in this year and paved the way for a victorious year for me. Thank You, Lord!

After an awesome church service, I met up with Deacon MK, who very kindly agreed to help me get my new hardcover book autographed by the author of the book. Yippee! In one of the previous books by the author, he wrote (when he autographed the book for me) that one moment of God's favour is worth more than ten years of labour. How true!

We decided to have a relaxing brunch at Qi Ji. Ever since we discovered a Qi Ji outlet at Suntec Tower Two, we have been giving Han's Cafe and Cake House at Suntec Tower Four a miss. This is not to say that we no longer like to eat at Han's. It is just that there is a Han's outlet near our office and we do eat there from time to time. As such, we look forward to eating something different on sundays.

We will be attending the 2nd birthday party of IL, who is the daughter of NN and SF, on 10 January 2010. As such, we did some shopping after our brunch. What did we buy for IL? shh.... it's a secret! I hope that you will like it, IL!

Back home, we had a simple tea break comprising some dough fritters that we bought from a coffeeshop in Geylang on our way home today. Da re-heated the snacks in our oven so that we could eat them piping hot.

I was a little sleepy and as such, we shared a mug of coffee.

As we had run out of a whole loaf of bread for the coming week, I decided to bake a loaf of banana corn bread. The aroma of the bread baking in the oven was irresistible!

For dinner, we shared a bowl of turkey stew which I made using leftover turkey from our Christmas dinner.

I also baked some slices of garlic bread. The bread was the balance Bonjour white bread that we had while the garlic spread was homemade.

For dessert, we ate some organic fruit cake. As MIL said, organic food is not as yummy as non-organic food. I guess it is all a matter of getting used to the taste.

Tomorrow is the start of the workweek for the new year for me. Let us rest in the Lord and let Him guide us through the week.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin