Saturday, January 23, 2010

They are blooming

I may be developing green fingers!

Recently, the plants in the balcony of our apartment unit have been blooming. FIL (who is interested in gardening) saw the plants blooming and he commented that the Lord is showing favour on us.

Take this pot of orchid, for example. I bought it from IKEA several years ago for S$2 (if I recall correctly). At that time, there was only one stalk of orchid. After that stalk of orchid bloomed, the plant stopped blooming for several years.

Recently, I noticed with excitement that the pot of orchids was starting to bloom again. I had already given up on it blooming, thinking that the sunlight at our balcony was too hot for plants to survive. Not only did the three stalks of buds that I saw bloom beautifully, today I saw three new stalks of buds appearing!

This is so like the ways of the Lord. When we keep trying using our own effort, we often do not see results. When we "let go and let God", miracles start to happen. In fact, new life springs forth and we see the favour and grace of our Lord manifest in our lives.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin