Friday, September 26, 2008

Tampines escapade

I was intending to name this post "Cute Butt" but I changed my mind as I did not want to be clobbered by a certain member of the 4D Club.

It had been some time since the members of the 4D Club last gathered.

As LSD had received her variable bonus (so girl, was it a notable amount?), she arranged for the gathering this evening with the intention to give us a treat. Of course, I did not know about the bonus and treat until we were already seated at the Blue Urban Oasis Cafe Bar at Century Square. Had I known about this beforehand, perhaps I may have suggested Hanabi Restaurant (which sells ala-carte Japanese buffet). *giggle*

At the stroke of 6 pm today (or perhaps several strokes after 6 pm), BD left the office to meet SPD. They had arranged to meet LSD and me at Century Square. As I was unwell yesterday and only got back to work today, LSD graciously agreed to meet me at the Tanjong Pagar MRT station near my office and we would go to Century Square from there. (Actually, she had no choice because she finishes work before me and I was struggling today to clear work that had piled up yesterday.)

The Blue Urban Oasis Cafe Bar is located at 2 Century Square, Tampines Central 5 #01-16/17/18 Century Square, Singapore 529509. Their operating hours are as follows:-
Sundays to Thursdays : 11.00am - 12.00am
Fridays/Saturdays/Eve of Public Holidays : 11.00am - 2.00am

I managed to finish my work at about 6.45 pm today and I made my way quickly to the Tanjong Pagar MRT station to meet LSD. She had arrived there earlier and was waiting for my "grand entrance" (to quote her).

We boarded the east-bound MRT train. Goodness me! The journey seemed to be endless! I think that it was because there were no available seats and I was exhausted.

Finally, we arrived at the Tampines MRT station. We met up with BD and SPD (whose right arm was in a cast and sling as she had, if a certain taxi driver is to be believed, flung herself against that taxi driver's taxi on 21 September 2008). tsk! tsk! The ludicrous reasons some drivers will give to justify their drunken behaviour!

The Blue Urban Oasis Cafe Bar is a cafe bar right in the heart of Tampines (in the suburban part of Singapore). According to their website at http://www.blueurbanoasis.com/index.html, "Blue Urban Oasis is borne out of the concept for good lifestyle living with the heartlanders in the area(s) in mind. The unique points for such a cafe as this would be to provide the public masses the opportunity to enjoy good quality food and beverages only found in town to the heartlands. This would be accompanied with great services provided by the service staff coupled with hard to beat prices for affordability to everyone. This would all be married in the new concept interior of the outlet that anyone would never have seen before in a shopping mall. This outlet would cater to one and all such as from all ages and categories : Students, PMEB's, tourist, senior citizens and most importantly the core family unit and their friends. Blue Urban Oasis aims to provide a cosy chill out avenue for [their] valued friends in the heartlands and its [satellite] suburbs such as Pasir Ris, Simei, Tanah Merah, Bedok and Tampines, so as to allow enjoyment of the good life and living as they watch the day go by in style. To bring Orchard Road to the masses is [their] aim."

Fascinating concept. Although there was al fresco dining, we decided to be seated at a table in air-conditioning comfort. As we sat down, SPD remarked that there was a cute waiter who kept looking at LSD. From then on, during the entire dinner, we were busy teasing LSD about the attention showered on her by the waiter.

As we pondered over the menu, the waiter came to take our orders. Coincidentally, LSD and SPD both ordered the fish and chips:-

BD and I were both eyeing the chicken schnitzel:-

When the food arrived, LSD gave me a piece of her fish. In turn, I gave her 1/2 of my chicken schnitzel. She started to whine that it was unfair as she had 3 pieces of fish and only gave me 1 piece whereas I gave her 1/2 of my chicken schnitzel. As such, she cut 1/2 of her 1/2 of the chicken schnitzel (erm... that would therefore be er... 1/4 of the chicken schnitzel. Phew! My mathematics skills have not been lost yet). As she was about to pass me the 1/4 piece of chicken schnitzel, I took BD's plate and the 1/4 piece landed on his plate. heehee.....

I found the chicken schnitzel rather salty. I believe that this is largely due to the batter. From what I know, the chicken cutlet is dipped into an egg mixture (comprising egg, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper) and coated with a breadcrumb mixture (comprising breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese) before it is deep-fried.

Throughout the dinner, the waiter (whom we kept teasing LSD with) kept coming to our table. From our vantage point (ie. looking from the corner of our eye), we could see that the waiter kept giving attention and looks to LSD.

When the dinner was over, we decided to adjourn elsewhere for after-dinner drinks and we asked for the bill. While LSD was paying the bill, I took a paper napkin and wrote LSD's name and mobile number on the napkin, with the intention to casually leave the napkin on LSD's chair as we were leaving. Alas! LSD picked up the napkin and tucked it away in the pocket of her jeans. Don't be shy, girl! We were just trying to help you secure a date with the waiter.

We wandered to Tampines Mall but were unable to decide on a place to drink coffee. Finally, we went back to Century Square and ended up at Haagen-Dazs.

While we were waiting for our drinks/ice-cream, SPD took out her medication and started consuming them. Goodness me! I thought that she had many pills to swallow but she said that she had to take more pills than what she brought along.

Finally, our "Part 2" arrived. LSD had ordered the mocca whereas I had ordered the cafe latte.

The lovebirds ("hunny bunny" and his darling) decided to share an ice-cream. It was very lovey-dovey to watch BD feed SPD.

Now, where does the "cute butt" come in, you may ask? What does it mean when a guy tells you that he has a cute rear end? Is he trying to hit on you? Is he sending the signal to you that he is interested in you? This is very thought provoking and would require further in-depth consideration and discussion. If the guy throws down the gauntlet to a girl to separate fact from fiction, should the girl take up the challenge? Wait a minute... why has this part of the post become reflective? I am not even the party in question! Oops....

The 4 of us shared a taxi home from Century Square. After BD and SPD alighted, I was the next to alight. As I alighted from the taxi, I noticed 2 guys carrying pots of plants from a car. Subsequently, I received a text message from LSD to the effect that the guys appear to have the same sexual orientation. Girl, I am not sure about your observation as I was more fascinated by the plants. Why? There was a plant with yellow flowers on the floor. This is the plant that I tried to grow from plant cuttings that my uncle in Johor Bahru (Malaysia) gave me (when my family went to his place a few months ago) but I was not successful. I have been rather sore about that because the flowers are a lovely yellow. I have managed to transplant and grow orchids. I have so far not succeeded with transplanting and growing bougainvillea and desert rose but I have attempted again (a few days ago) with 2 pots of desert rose that I transplanted. Hopefully I will be successful this time around.

Anyway, I can almost feel the clobbering coming my way. Enough said.....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin