Monday, September 15, 2008

Mama Mia!

My mobile phone rang. It was my mother. "Come over for dinner," she said, "We are ordering pizza."

According to Wikipedia, pizza is a popular dish made with an oven-baked (or wood fire baked), flat, generally round bread that is covered with tomatoes or a tomato-based sauce and mozzarella cheese. Other toppings are added according to region, culture or personal preference. Originating as a part of Italian cuisine, the dish has become popular in many different parts of the world. A shop or restaurant where pizzas are made and sold is called a “pizzeria”. The phrase “pizza parlor” is also used in the United States of America.

Nowadays, the weather is quite rainy and people tend to order home delivery so as to avoid having to go out in the rain and jostle amongst the crowd for parking space and a table.

My family enjoys eating Italian food. I cook/make my own spaghetti, lasagne, garlic bread and chowder. I have recently obtained from my good friend SC the recipe for home-made pizza (using AMC cookware). Actually, SC has given me the recipe before but it is only recently that I penned down the recipe. I have assisted SC several times to make her pizza but I have so far not tried making it on my own. I have to get round to putting to practice what I have learned.

http://jesuslovespebbles.blogspot.com/2008/07/homemade-pizza-and-more.html

(The next time that I cook spaghetti, etc, I shall take photographs and post the recipes! In the meantime, I was wondering whether anyone knows how to create a special label called "Recipes" where I can link up posts containing recipes. If I just use the ordinary labels in the blog, all the recipes will appear continuously under this label. My intention is to have sub-labels under the main label of "recipes", such as "cakes", "cookies", etc. If you know how to create the sub-label, I would be grateful if you could post a comment and let me know how to do it. Thanks a lot!)

We used to order US Pizza. My favourite was the pizza with pork / chicken floss toppings and mayonnaise. Nowadays, my brother prefers to order from Canadian 2 for 1 pizza. Why is it called "2 for 1 pizza"? Well, if you order 1 pizza, you get another pizza free! The best part is that the free pizza can be of a different flavour!

Normally, my family will order 2 medium sized pizzas. When Da and I arrived at my mother's place, the pizza delivery guy happened to be at the gate. I saw him carrying 4 boxes of pizzas! My brother had decided to be more adventurous this time and he ordered 4 small pizzas of different flavour. Talk about variety being the spice of life!

My brother had ordered:-
(a) Singapura special
(b) barbeque chicken
(c) cheesy turkey
(d) meat lovers

Each box of pizza comes with packets of grated cheese and chilli flakes. As my family members are chilli eaters (save for me), the packets of chilli flakes are usually not sufficient.

When my mother, my grandaunt, my brother's girlfriend and I were in Bangkok, Thailand in May 2008, we bought chilli flakes from a shop at Platinum Mall. Each bottle (which is quite large) costs 100 bhat. There is a photograph of the bottle of chilli flakes in the slideshow below.

Without further ado, be prepared to whet your own appetite. May I present.... the pizzas! Bon appetit!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin