Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank you for the well wishes

It is my birthday today!

And my age? tsk, tsk... it is impolite to ask a girl her age! Okay, okay... I am 16 today. *huge grin*

My real age? Let's see... how about [(18 x 2) + 40 - 2] / 2?

As I had urgent work to attend to in the office, I did not take leave today. (Hi Tian Bao, I guess this answers your query to me in facebook!).

By the time I left the office, it was past 8 pm. Fortunately, I managed to get a lift home from a colleague.

When I arrived home, FIL, MIL and my mother were at our home. MIL had bought some dinner and brought it to our home.

There were several types of vegetable and tou fu dishes.

MIL also bought roast duck.

The roast duck came with a sweetish gravy that complemented the duck meat.

Dinner was served with steamed white rice.

To all my loved ones and friends who sent me well wishes today in person, via text message (mobile phone), via telephone call, via electronic mails, via greeting cards, via facebook, via msn, etc, I would like to say a big "thank you". I may not be the "most popular girl in town with hundreds of friends" but I have been blessed with loving family and relatives and good friends, for which I am very thankful to the Lord.

Da gave me a bottle of Bvlgari perfume.

My long-time penpal from Norway, HKH sent me a package comprising several gifts. Thank you very much, my dear friend! I have taken note of your new electronic mail address.

BD and SPD gave me a Winnie-The-Pooh door organiser, which comes in very handy. If you have not guessed by now, my favourite cartoon character is Winnie-The-Pooh.

My wonderful girls at work - CHE, LFY, FTY and SYT gave me some shopping vouchers. Ah.... time to "hit the shops"!

The gang also bought a delicious chocolate birthday cake from Secret Recipe. I made a wish (which I know will come true before Christmas this year and which will be my Christmas present this year - thank You, Jesus!), blew out the candle and "pretended to cut the cake". I ate a slice of the cake while the rest was distributed amongst colleagues. My dear sister-in-Christ, CC came to my room and teased me that she will charge me for her weight-loss programme because the cake is sinfully delicious! *grin*

I received two floral deliveries in the office today. One was from Da (thank you, Da, the flowers are beautiful!) whereas the other one was from Miss Southampton (thank you, girl for the lovely sunflower and soft toy!).

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin