Saturday, March 6, 2010

Visit to the home of SIL's family

Da had to work the whole day today. In addition to his usual saturday work, he is involved in the Career & Education Fair which is currently taking place at Suntec Convention Centre.

As such, I had a quiet breakfast alone at home today. Deciding not to have a heavy breakfast, I settled for two slices of toasted bread (spread with peanut butter) and a mug of tea.

FIL and MIL were very thoughtful and brought over lunch today.

MIL bought a turkey sandwich for me from a deli located near her workplace.

MIL ate steamed white rice with assorted ingredients.

FIL ate wan ton noodles.

In the evening, FIL and MIL brought Princess and me to the home of SIL for a visit. Da was not able to join us as he was still at work.

We went to Punggol Plaza with the family of SIL for dinner.

The food that was served was a tad too salty for my tastebuds.

An unpleasant incident occurred after dinner. I went to a shop in Punggol Plaza to buy some toiletries. The cashier must have made a mistake in tallying up my purchase because the grand total of the bill came up to S$0. Her supervisor came over and the two of them proceeded to talk to each other in a language other than English. Not only did they make me wait at least ten to fifteen minutes while they voided the transaction and rebilled me, they did not even say a word of apology to SIL (who waited with me) and me nor did they have the consideration to speak to each other in English so that SIL and I could understand what the problem was. When I asked them whether they were ready to accept my payment, the supervisor looked impatiently at me and she was quite impolite and condescending when she made a feeble attempt to explain to me what went wrong. Not only did her explanation not make any sense, her tone of voice and impatience did not reflect well of someone in the service industry. The customer may no longer always be right but in this case, the mistake was made by the cashier and at least a word of apology would have been appreciated.

Shaloam,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin